A huge thank you to all of our many volunteers and officials in helping make our first meet of the year a success! We truly appreciate all of your hard work!
We have our first Speed Skating meet coming up on October 21st! This will be a short track meet (i.e. on the hockey rink) and will run most of the day. It is open for ALL skaters to join so if your child is interested at all make sure to get their registration form in this week! http://fsjspeedskating.com/wp-
We will also need help to run this meet. Attached is a volunteer sign up page – please fill in a spot (or two)! www.volunteersignup.org/DPF3L
For those of you who are new to the club here is a run-down of the various jobs that we will be needing help with – we are always willing to train people!
- Meet Coordinator: This is the job of organizing the event, we are always looking for people to help organize!
- Referee: These are the official who are on ice refereeing the event. We have Wim Kok who is the chief referee for this event but he would be very happy to have an assistant to train
- Starter: These are the people who will be at the start line with the starting gun or whistle.
- Place Judges: These people stand near the finish line and determine which skater comes in first, second, third, etc
- Timers: Timers have the stop watches and are assigned certain skaters to keep track of.
- Recorders: These are the people who will take the information that the timers and place judges give them and enter the data into a computer to create the “results” that everyone is so eager for.
- Lap Counter: These people have to keep track of which lap the skaters are on and relay that information to the skaters (we have count-down books and an electric lap counter)
- Track Stewards: This is an on-ice position! These people will be placing the lane markers, repairing damage to the ice and periodically pouring water to renew the track.
- Results Runners: These people are carrying the results from the timers/place judges to the recorders in a timely, organized manner.
- Clerk of the Course: These people are in charge of marshalling the skaters to be ready for their races. They will be given lists of races and the skaters in them and will have the skaters ready and waiting for their races.
- Safety Coordinator: Arranges for the first aid people and works with them to prepare for the event
- Bucket Filler/Gatekeeper: We will need someone to fill the buckets for the track stewards and open the gates for the skaters.
- Mat Set-Up Crew: We will need a good crew of people (the more we have the faster it will go) to set up the mats in the morning before the event
- Clean-Up Crew: After the meet we will need some help cleaning up the mats and various other things from the meet. It shouldn’t take too long!
- Officials Lunch Room: We always offer our volunteers lunch, coffee and some snacks for all of their hard work… so we will need someone to run our lunch room! We will need to have someone in charge (we will have people who will assist and explain the process) and a few helpers. We will also be putting out a request for food donations from our club members soon.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
All of our skaters have now started skating! Registration is now closed for our skaters under 12 but we will have a new session starting in January!
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please feel free to ask any of our executive members or senior coaches or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We do ask for you to please not direct your concerns to our junior coaches as they are kids themselves.
Our executive group this year is
- Kim Telizyn – President
- Wim Kok – Vice President (and coach)
- Shadi Salehi – Treasurer
- Kelli Cote – Secretary
- Corrie Bennie – Fundraising Coordinator
- Susie Keeler – Registrar
- Kelli Cote, Kate North AND Josh Brown are our Equipment Team as well
Our Senior Coaches are Wim Kok, Jen Gibson, J.P. Sutherland and Kim McPhedran are coaching our youngest skaters with the help of a variety of junior coaches. Tara Mitchell and Richard Stickel are coaching our skaters who are over 12 and our Masters!
FSJ ST Interclub – Saturday, October 21, 2017
As most of you know, our interclub short track meet is fast approaching! This meet is open to all ages. If you have not already done so, please complete the attached registration form, sign the included waiver and submit the form with payment to our club meet registration coordinator Tara Mitchell email@example.com BEFORE the deadline of Thursday Oct. 12th.
A big welcome to any new club members who signed up at the One Stop Registration last weekend. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure your question gets answered!
- Monday, Sept 18 – 6:45 to 7:45 pm
- Wednesday, September 20 – 6:45 to 7:45 pm
- Sunday, September 24 – 3:45 to 4:45pm
- Sunday, September 24 – 3:30 to 5:00 pm
We would like to make a list of any used equipment you want to sell that can be sent out to club members. If you have skin suits, safety gear (in good condition, no helmets), skates etc please email them to email@example.com and we will get a list sent out with our next weekly update.
We will be at the Fall Community One Stop Registration taking place September 9th from 10:00am to 2:00 pm at the Totem Mall. Come see us there to register for the 2017-2018 speed skating season! https://www.facebook.com/events/990427954393585/?active_tab=about
Registration process will go quickly if you register online first here https://mms.speedskating.ca/JoinProgram?id=89 Please bring cheques or cash to pay! We will also have our equipment people set up at the Pomeroy Sport Centre to rent out skates.
See you there!!
A big thank you to everyone who has registered to take part in our 2017 Summer Long track camp! We have over 60 skaters registered and the Club is hard at work getting everything ready for them.
If you are submitting any money to the treasurer, be sure to use this form to do so New Version FSJ Elks Report to Treasurer
If you are requesting money from the treasurer, you will need this form Payment Requisition Form
These forms will be available under the “About-Us; Club Policy” section of the menu at the top of this page.
Our annual long track, speed skating, summer camp registration is open now!
The camp runs from August 21st to 25th at the Pomeroy Sports Centre in Fort St. John – see the attached documents for more information!!
Info FAQ Summer Camp 2017
Registration form 2017 FSJ Summer Long Track Camp Registration Form
With our World Masters Logo! Various styles of t-shirts available…